Nebula Conference Scholarships
The Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers Association have announced more than 200 scholarship opportunities to help “members of underserved communities to attend” the 2022 Nebula Conference Online, being held virtually May 20–22, 2022. The deadline for applications is May 1, 11:59pm Pacific Time. Opportunities include:
- Scholarship for Black and/or Indigenous Creators: This scholarship is open to Black and/or Indigenous creators in the United States and abroad. (quantity: 80)
- Scholarship for AAPI Creators: This scholarship is available to Asian creators, Asian American creators, and creators from the Pacific Islands. (quantity: 30)
- Scholarships for Hispanic/Latinx Creators: This scholarship is available to creators with backgrounds in Spanish-speaking and/or Latin American cultures. (quantity: 40)
- Scholarship for Writers Based Outside of the U.S.: This scholarship is available to creators who live outside the United States. (quantity: 50)
- Scholarship for Ukrainian Creators: This scholarship is for creators displaced or otherwise affected by the war in Ukraine. (quantity: case-by-case)
“From the applicant pool, the scholarship recipients will be selected by lottery.”
SFWA also welcomes sponsorships from “publishers, agents, and other industry friends,” who are invited to sponsor panels, parties, booths, lounge tables, or watch parties. “Sponsorship is a great way to promote a book or podcast, or get visibility for your business or creative productivity tools.” Those interested should contact email@example.com.
To apply for scholarships, visit this link. To register for the conference, see the SFWA events page.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.