2020 Audie Awards Winners
The Audio Publishers Association has announced the 2020 Audie Awards winners, recognizing excellence in audiobooks and spoken word entertainment.
Audie finalists of genre interest follow.
- WINNER: Emergency Skin, N.K. Jemisin, read by Jason Isaacs (Brilliance)
- Hollow Kingdom, Kira Jane Buxton, read by Robert Petkoff (Hachette Audio)
- Permafrost, Alastair Reynolds, read by Natasha Soudek (Macmillan Audio)
- The Lesson, Cadwell Turnbull, read by Ron Butler & Janina Edwards (Blackstone)
- The Last Astronaut, David Wellington, read by Megan Tusing (Hachette Audio)
- WINNER: The Ten Thousand Doors of January, Alix E. Harrow, read by January LaVoy (Hachette Audio)
- Ninth House, Leigh Bardugo, read by Michael David Axtell & Lauren Fortgang (Macmillan Audio)
- Beasts of the Frozen Sun, Jill Criswell, read by Alana Kerr-Collins & Tim Campbell (Blackstone)
- Time’s Children, D.B. Jackson, read by Helen Keeley (Dreamscape)
- Black Leopard, Red Wolf, Marlon James, read by Dion Graham (Penguin Random House Audio)
Best Female Narrator
- WINNER: Nothing to See Here, Kevin Wilson, read by Marin Ireland (HarperAudio)
- The Ten Thousand Doors of January, Alix E. Harrow, read by January LaVoy (Hachette Audio)
- WINNER: American Moonshot, Douglas Brinkley, read by Stephen Graybill (HarperAudio)
Literary Fiction & Classics
- WINNER: The Water Dancer, Ta-Nehisi Coates, read by Joe Morton (Penguin Random House Audio)
- The Night Tiger, Yangsze Choo, read by the author (Macmillan Audio)
- Mythos, Stephen Fry, read by the author (Chronicle)
- WINNER: Charlotte’s Web, E.B. White, read by Meryl Streep and a full cast (Penguin Random House Audio)
- WINNER: Full Throttle, Joe Hill, read by Zachary Quinto, Wil Wheaton, Kate Mulgrew, Neil Gaiman, Ashleigh Cummings, Joe Hill, Laysla De Oliveira, Nate Corddry, Connor Jessup, Stephen Lang & George Guidall (HarperAudio)
- Kabu Kabu, Nnedi Okorafor, read by Yetide Badaki (Tantor Audio)
- Forward, Veronica Roth, Blake Crouch, N.K. Jemisin, Amor Towles, Paul Tremblay & Andy Weir, read by Evan Rachel Wood, Rosa Salazar, Jason Isaacs, David Harbour, Steven Strait & Janina Gavankar (Brilliance)
- WINNER: The Institute, Stephen King, read by Santino Fontana (Simon & Schuster Audio)
The winners were announced at an awards ceremony on March 2, 2020 at Guastavino’s in New York. For more information, including a complete list of winners and finalists, see the Audio Publishers Association website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue.