The winners for the 36th annual Asimov’s Readers’ Awards have been announced.
- WINNER: A Blessing of Unicorns, Elizabeth Bear (9-10/21)
- Light Up the Clouds, Greg Egan (3-4/21)
- Glitch, Alex Irvine (3-4/21)
- A Rocket for Dimitrios, Ray Nayler (1-2/21)
- The Realms of Water, Robert Reed (1-2/21)
- WINNER: “Table Etiquette for Diplomatic Personnel, in Seventeen Scenes“, Suzanne Palmer (1-2/21)
- “The Hazmat Sisters“, L.X. Beckett (5-6/21)
- “Philly Killed His Car”, Will McIntosh (7-8/21)
- “Año Nuevo“, Ray Nayler (5-6/21)
- “Billie the Kid“, Rick Wilber (9-10/21)
Best Short Story
- WINNER: “Muallim“, Ray Nayler (11-12/21)
- “My Heart Is at Capacity“, TJ Berry (5-6/21)
- “Flowers like Needles“, Derek Künsken (3-4/21)
- “Bread and Circuits“, Misha Lenau (11-212/21)
- “Sentient Being Blues“, Christopher Mark Rose (3-4/21)
- “Alien Ball“, Kristine Kathryn Rusch (7-8/21)
- WINNER: “Mars Rover, Curiosity“, Jane Yolen (1-2/21)
- “In the Library Annex“, Bruce Boston (9-10/21)
- “Chalk and Carbon“, Marissa Lingen (11-21/21)
- “When I’m Thirty, I Receive a Box Full of Your Bones“, Avra Margariti (1-2/21)
- “Your Memories are Sponsored by a Fossil Fuel Company“, Matt Thompson (11-12/21)
For more information about the awards, including the winner for Best Cover, see the Asimov’s website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.