2021 Future Worlds Prize Shortlist
The Future Worlds Prize for Fantasy and Science Fiction Writers of Colour, formerly the Gollancz and Rivers of London BAME SFF Award, has announced its eight-title shortlist
- “A Shadow in Chains”, MH Ayinde
- “The Sawling”, Jordan Collins
- “Frankincense”, Salma Ibrahim
- “In the City of Villages”, Franchesca Liauw
- “Margot, Who Is Beautiful Now”, Bea Pantoja
- “The Warden”, Madeehah Reza
- “Contracts Made in Gold”, Aqeelah Seedat
- “A Box Full of Stories”, Fatima Taqvi
The judges are Lloyd Bradley, Valerie Brandes, Shobna Gulati, Zahra Hankir, Nii Ayikwei Parkes, and Tasha Suri. The winner will receive £4,000, one runner-up £2,000, and up to six shortlisted authors will each receive £800. All will also receive mentoring from one of the prize’s publishing partners. The prize is funded by author Ben Aaronovitch and actor Adjoa Andoh.
For more information, see the prize’s website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.