The Lambda Literary Foundation has announced finalists for the 32nd Annual Lambda Literary Awards (the “Lammys”), celebrating “the best lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender books.” Nominees of genre interest follow.
- Stories to Sing in the Dark, Matthew Bright (Lethe)
- The Rampant, Julie C. Day (Aqueduct)
- A Spectral Hue, Craig Laurance Gidney (Word Horde)
- Black Leopard, Red Wolf, Marlon James (Riverhead)
- False Bingo, Jac Jemc (MCD x FSG Originals)
- Wake, Siren, Nina MacLaughlin (FSG Originals)
- The Priory of the Orange Tree, Samantha Shannon (Bloomsbury)
- The Deep, Rivers Solomon, Daveed Diggs, William Hutson & Jonathan Snipes (Saga)
- The Archive of Alternate Endings, Lindsey Drager (Dzanc)
- Murmur, Will Eaves (Bellevue)
- Lord, João Gilberto Noll (Two Lines)
- Lot, Bryan Washington (Riverhead)
- Is This How You See Me?, Jaime Hernandez (Fantagraphics)
- Are You Listening?, Tillie Walden (First Second)
- Poet, Prophet, Fox: The Tale of Sinnach the Seer, M.Z. McDonnell (Moose Maple)
- Honey Walls, Bones McKay (McKay & Gray)
- The Beatrix Gates, Rachel Pollack (PM)
- The Trans Space Octopus Congregation, Bogi Takács (Lethe)
- In the Dream House, Carmen Maria Machado (Graywolf)
- Aurora’s Angel, Emily Noon (Bluefire)
LGBTQ Children’s/Young Adult
- Pet, Akwaeke Emezi (Make Me a World)
- Wilder Girls, Rory Power (Delacorte)
- The Grief Keeper, Alexandra Villasante (Putnam)
- Lot’s Wife, Rosalind Chase (Under Hill)
The awards will be presented at the 32nd Annual Lambda Literary Awards Ceremony to be held June 8, 2020 at the NYU Skirball Center for the Performing Arts in New York City.
For more information, including complete finalists lists, see the Lambda Literary website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.