2018 Carnegie and Greenaway Medal Longlists
The longlists for the Carnegie Medal for best children’s book and the Kate Greenaway Medal for best illustrations in a children’s book have been announced. Titles of genre interest follow.
- The Tale of Angelino Brown, David Almond (Walker)
- The Hypnotist, Laurence Anholt (Penguin Random House)
- Overheard in a Tower Block, Joseph Coelho (Otter-Barry)
- Wed Wabbit, Lissa Evans (David Fickling)
- The Song from Somewhere Else, A.F. Harrold (Bloomsbury)
- Release, Patrick Ness (Walker)
- The Call, Peadar O’Guilin (David Fickling)
- Black Light Express, Philip Reeve (Oxford University Press)
- Encounters, Jason Wallace (Andersen)
- Night Shift, Debi Gliori (Bonnier Zaffre)
- The Song from Somewhere Else, A.F. Harrold, illustrated by Levi Pinfold (Bloomsbury)
- A Child of Books, Oliver Jeffers & Sam Winston (Walker)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, J.K. Rowling, illustrated by Jim Kay (Bloomsbury)
- The Secret Horses of Briar Hill, Megan Shepherd, illustrated by Levi Pinfold (Walker)
The awards are presented by the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP). The shortlists will be announced on March 15, 2018, and winners will be announced June 18, 2018 in a ceremony at The British Library in London UK. Winners receive £500 worth of books to donate to local libraries, a golden medal, and a £5,000 Colin Mears Award cash prize.
For more information, including full lists, see the Carnegie Greenaway website.