Beckett Wins Clarke Award
The winner of the 2013 Arthur C. Clarke Award was announced during a ceremony at the SCI-FI-LONDON Film Festival, May 1, 2013, in London.
- Dark Eden, Chris Beckett (Corvus)
The other nominees were:
- Nod, Adrian Barnes (Bluemoose)
- Angelmaker, Nick Harkaway (William Heinemann)
- The Dog Stars, Peter Heller (Headline)
- Intrusion, Ken MacLeod (Orbit)
- 2312, Kim Stanley Robinson (Orbit)
This year’s judges were Juliet E. McKenna and Ruth O’Reilly for the British Science Fiction Association, Nickianne Moody and Liz Williams for the Science Fiction Foundation, and Rob Grant for SF-FI-LONDON. Andrew M. Butler is chair of judges. Tom Hunter is award director. Beckett received £2013 prize and a commemorative engraved bookend.