Finalists for the 2023 Oregon Book Awards have been announced. The awards feature several categories, and include a number of titles and authors of genre interest.
Ken Keasey Award for Fiction
- Sinking Islands, Cai Emmons (Red Hen)
- The Boy With a Bird in His Chest, Emme Lund (Atria)
- Denial, Jon Raymond (Simon & Schuster)
- Thrust, Lidia Yuknavitch (Riverhead)
Leslie Bradshaw Award for Young Adult Literature
- Little Monarchs, Jonathan Case (Margaret Ferguson)
- Every Bird a Prince, Jenn Reese (Henry Holt)
“Thirty-four Oregonians across seven genre categories were chosen as finalists by panels of out-of-state judges, from a total of 202 submitted titles.” Winners will be announced April 3, 2023 at Portland Center Stage at The Armory. For more information, see the official announcement. Note: This awards program requires an entry fee.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.