The 2022 Philip K. Dick Award finalists have been announced:
- Defekt, Nino Cipri (Tordotcom)
- Plague Birds, Jason Sanford (Apex)
- Bug, Giacomo Sartori, translated by Frederika Randall (Restless)
- Far from the Light of Heaven, Tade Thompson (Orbit US)
- The Escapement, Lavie Tidhar (Tachyon)
- Dead Space, Kali Wallace (Berkley)
The award is presented annually to a distinguished work of science fiction originally published in paperback form in the United States. The award is sponsored by the Philip K. Dick Trust and the Philadelphia Science Fiction Society, and the ceremony is sponsored by the Northwest Science Fiction Society. This year’s judges are John P. Murphy, Kelly Robson, David Sandner, Allen Steele, and Molly Tanzer (chair).
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue.