The Royal Mail has issued a series of stamps featuring art to commemorate classic science fiction stories by British authors including:
- Childhood’s End, Arthur C. Clarke, illustration by Matt Murphy
- Brave New World, Aldous Huxley, illustration by Thomas Danthony
- Shikasta, Doris Lessing, illustration by Sarah Jones
- Frankenstein, Mary Shelley, illustration by Sabina Šinko
- The Time Machine, H.G. Wells, illustration by Francisco Rodríguez
- The Day of the Triffids, John Wyndham, illustration by Mick Brownfield
The issue coincides with the 75th anniversary of the death of H.G. Wells and the 70th anniversary of the publication of The Day of the Triffids. For more information, see the Royal Mail website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.