2020 BSFA Shortlist
The shortlist for the 2020 British Science Fiction Association (BSFA) Awards has been announced.
- Threading the Labyrinth, Tiffani Angus (Unsung Stories)
- Piranesi, Susanna Clarke (Bloomsbury)
- The Sunken Land Begins to Rise Again, M. John Harrison (Gollancz)
- The City We Became, N.K. Jemisin (Orbit)
- Light of Impossible Stars, Gareth L. Powell (Titan)
- The Ministry for the Future, Kim Stanley Robinson (Orbit)
- Club Ded, Nikhil Singh (Luna)
- The Doors of Eden, Adrian Tchaikovsky (Tor)
- Comet Weather, Liz Williams (NewCon)
- Water Must Fall, Nick Wood (NewCon)
Best Short Fiction (under 40,000 words)
- Ivory’s Story, Eugen M. Bacon (NewCon)
- “All I Asked For”, Anne Charnock (Fictions: Health and Social Care Re-Imagined)
- “Red_Bati”, Dilman Dila (Dominion)
- “Ife-Iyoku, the Tale of Imadeyunuagbon”, Oghenechovwe Donald Ekpeki (Dominion)
- “Infinite Tea in the Demara Cafe”, Ida Keogh (London Centric)
- “Isn’t Your Daughter Such a Doll”, Tobi Ogundiran (Shoreline of Infinity #18)
- Ties That Bind: Love in Science Fiction and Fantasy, Francesca T Barbini, ed. (Luna)
- The Unstable Realities of Christopher Priest, Paul Kincaid (Gylphi)
- Science Fiction and Climate Change, Andrew Milner & J.R. Burgmann (Liverpool University Press)
- It’s the End of the World: But What Are We Really Afraid of?, Adam Roberts (Elliot & Thompson)
- “Books in Which No Bad Things Happen”, Jo Walton (Tor.com 3/20/20)
- “Estranged Entrepreneurs and the Meaning of Money in Cory Doctorow’s Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom“, Jo Lindsay Walton (Foundation Winter ’20)
- “Shipbuilding Over the Clyde”, Iain Clarke
- Covers for Robot Dreams, Fangorn (NewCon)
- Cover for Club Ded by Nikhil Singh, Ruby Gloom (Luna)
- Cover for A Strange and Brilliant Light by Eli Lee, Sinjin Li (Jo Fletcher)
- “Four Black Lives Matter Murals in AR”, Nani Walker
The awards will be voted on by members of BSFA and the British Annual Science Fiction Convention (Eastercon). The winners will be announced during ConFusion, to be held online April 2-5, 2021. For more information, see the BSFA website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.