Shortlists for the Foyles Books of the Year awards have been announced, including several titles of genre interest in the following categories:
- The Binding, Bridget Collins (William Morrow)
- Black Leopard, Red Wolf, Marlon James (Riverhead)
- Lanny, Max Porter (Graywolf)
Children’s & Young Adult
- Crossfire, Malorie Blackman (Penguin)
- The Deathless Girls, Kiran Millwood Hargrave (Orion)
- The Iron Man, Ted Hughes, illustrated by Chris Mould (Faber & Faber)
The shortlists were chosen from “Foyles bestsellers, staff vote, [and] reader response,” with winners to be announced at the end of November 2019. For more information, including the complete lists, see the Foyles website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.