The shortlist for the inaugural STEAM prize for books that highlight science, technology, engineering, arts, and math have been announced, including titles of genre interest.
- The Fandom, Anna Day (Chicken House)
- The Secret Deep, Lindsay Galvin (Chicken House)
- The Loneliest Girl in the Universe, Lauren James (Walker)
- The Electrical Venus, Julie Mayhew (Hot Key)
- Jinxed, Amy McCulloch (Simon & Schuster)
- White Rabbit, Red Wolf, Tom Pollock (Walker)
- The Infinite Lives of Maisie Day, Christopher Edge (Nosy Crow)
- Battle of the Beetles, M.G. Leonard (Chicken House)
- Below Zero, Dan Smith (Chicken House)
Finalists were also announced in Early Years and Information categories. The prize is given by UCLan Publishing and the British Interplanetary Society, with winners announced at the Lancashire Science Festival held June 27-29, 2019. The winner of each category receives a trophy, and one overall winner receives £1,000. Judges for the prize are Flow Adepoju, Charlotte Eyre, Jake Hope, Lucas Maxwell, Amy McKay, Chris Welch, and Rod Woodcock.
For more information, see the British Interplanetary Society website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.