Shortlists for the 2018 Books Are My Bag (BAMB) Readers Awards have been announced, including some titles and authors of genre interest in the following categories:
- The Mermaid and Mrs. Hancock, Imogen Hermes Gowar (HarperCollins)
- Home Fire, Kamila Shamsie (Riverhead)
- The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle, Stuart Turton (Bloomsbury)
- Tin Man, Sarah Winman (Putnam)
- Children of Blood and Bone, Tomi Adeyemi (Henry Holt)
- A Skinful of Shadows, Frances Hardinge (Abrams)
- Where the World Ends, Geraldine McCaughrean (Usborne)
- La Belle Sauvage: The Book of Dust Volume One, Philip Pullman (Knopf)
- A Sky Painted Gold, Laura Wood (Scholastic)
The shortlists were “chosen by booksellers across the UK and Ireland” and winners will be selected by public vote, which is open until November 4, 2018. For more information, including complete shortlists and how to vote, see the National Book Tokens website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.