“Dragon’s Hand” by David VonAllmen won the fifth annual Baen Fantasy Adventure Award, announced at the Writer’s Symposium during Gen Con, August 4, 2018 at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis IN. Second place went to “Deny the World with a Thought” by Benjamin Scott Farthing and third place went to “The Lady of Pain” by Steve DuBois.
Other nominees were:
- “Spun of Salt and Stone”, Deborah L. Davitt
- “The Puzzle Vault”, Auston Habershaw
- “The Memory Bank & Trust”, Patrick Hurley
- “Ashes for Ashes”, Kevin Kauffmann
- “Luchadora”, Melissa Mead
- “The Deadliest Dish”, David Samuels
- “Ash-Eater”, Benjamin Tyler Smith
The contest focuses on adventure fantasy short stories. The grand prize includes publication on the Baen website, an engraved award, and an assortment of Baen books.
For more information, including eligibility requirements, see the Baen Books website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.