There are several titles of genre interest on the 2018 Women’s Prize for Fiction longlist:
- H(A)PPY, Nicola Barker (Heinemann)
- Manhattan Beach, Jennifer Egan (Scribner)
- The Mermaid and Mrs. Hancock, Imogen Hermes Gowar (Harper)
- Elmet, Fiona Mozley (Algonquin)
- Sing, Unburied, Sing, Jesmyn Ward (Scribner)
The Women’s Prize for Fiction celebrates “excellence, originality and accessibility in writing by women throughout the world.” The shortlist will be announced on April 23, 2018 and the winner on June 6, 2018. The winner will receive £30,000 and a bronze “Bessie” trophy. The 2018 judges include Anita Anand, Katy Brand, Catherine Mayer, Sarah Sands, and Imogen Stubbs.
For more information, including the complete longlist, see their official website.