The shortlist for the 2016 Norma K. Hemming Award has been announced.
- The Fire Sermon, Francesca Haig (HarperVoyager)
- The Pyramids of London, Andrea K Höst (self-published)
- Theophilus Grey and the Demon Thief, Catherine Jinks (Allen & Unwin)
- The Orchid Nursery, Louise Katz (Lacuna)
- The Hush, Skye Melki-Wegner (Penguin Random House)
- Formaldehyde, Jane Rawson (Seizure)
- Welcome to Orphancorp, Marlee Jane Ward (Seizure)
The Hemming Award is presented by the Australian Science Fiction Foundation (ASFF) to “mark excellence in the exploration of themes of race, gender, sexuality, class and disability in speculative fiction first published either in Australia or by an Australian citizen.”
The winner will be announced at Contact 2016, the Australian National SF Convention, in Brisbane Australia, March 25-28, 2016. The Ditmar Awards and the A. Bertram Chandler Award for “outstanding achievement in science fiction” will also be presented.
For more information see the Hemming award website.