2022 Darrell Awards Winners
Winners for the 2020 Darrell Awards, “presented annually in support of Midsouth Literacy by recognizing the best published Science Fiction, Fantasy and/or Horror in Short Story, Novella, Novel, Young Adult & Other Media formats,” have been announced:
- WINNER: Serpent’s Mark, Beth Alvarez (Sacred Tree)
- First Runner-up: The Girl Who Had No Shadow, John & Victoria Babb (Self-published)
- WINNER: “Madam & The Map: A Journey in Five Movements”, Sheree Renée Thomas (Nine Bar Blues)
- First Runner-up: “Shadows Before Sunrise”, Melissa Olthoff (It Takes All Kinds)
- WINNER: “Five-Six-Seven-Eight”, Jim Paavola (Lies Along the Mississippi)
- First Runner-up: Well Being, Elden Lee (self-published)
As previously announced, Sheree Renée Thomas is the winner of the Dal Coger Memorial Hall of Fame Award.
For more information, see the announcement thread.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.