The Bookseller has announced the shortlists for the 2021 British Book Awards, including several titles of genre interest.
Fiction Book of the Year
- The Midnight Library, Matt Haig (Viking; Canongate)
- The Danger Gang, Tom Fletcher & Shane Devries (Puffin)
- The Ickabog, J.K. Rowling (Scholastic; Little, Brown Books for Young Readers UK)
- Dragon Mountain, Katie & Kevin Tsang (Sterling Children’s; Simon & Schuster Children’s UK)
Audiobook Book of the Year
- Piranesi, Susanna Clarke, narrated by Chiwetel Ejiofor (Bloomsbury)
- The Sandman, Neil Gaiman & Dirk Maggs, narrated by Gaiman, Riz Ahmed, et al. (Audible)
- The Midnight Library, Matt Haig, narrated by Carey Mulligan (Penguin Audio; Canongate)
Also called the “Nibbies,” the British Book Awards “honours and celebrates the commercial successes of publishers, authors and bookshops” with nominees in a variety of categories, including AudioBook of the Year, Editor of the Year, and Independent Bookshop of the Year. Winners will be honored on May 13, 2021 during a virtual event. For the complete shortlist, see the official website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.