2019 British Book Awards Shortlists
The Bookseller has announced the shortlists for the 2019 British Book Awards, including several titles of genre interest.
- The Mermaid and Mrs. Hancock, Imogen Hermes Gowar (HarperCollins; Harvill Secker)
- The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle, Stuart Turton (Bloomsbury; Raven)
Children’s Book of the Year
- Children of Blood and Bone, Tomi Adeyemi (Henry Holt; Macmillan)
- The House with Chicken Legs, Sophie Anderson (Scholastic; Usborne)
Fiction Book of the Year
- Transcription, Kate Atkinson (Little, Brown; Doubleday UK)
Also called the “Nibbies,” the British Book Awards “honours and celebrates the commercial successes of publishers, authors and bookshops” with nominees in a variety of categories, including AudioBook of the Year, Editor of the Year, and Independent Bookshop of the Year. Winners will be honored at a black-tie event at Grosvenor House in London on May 13, 2019. For the complete shortlist, see the official website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.