The April issue features:
- Interviews with Stephen Baxter and Barry Malzberg.
- International reports on SF in Brazil, the Czech Republic, and Cuba.
- Awards news: the 2001 Nebula Awards final ballot; the 2001 Stoker Awards preliminary ballot.
- Report from the 2002 Williamson Lectureship.
- Obituaries of Cherry Wilder, Virginia Hamilton, Mati Klarwein, Chuck Jones, Spike Milligan, and others.
- Comprehensive listings of books and magazines published in February.
- Bestsellers from specialty bookstores in January, and Locus's selected New and Notable Books.
- Reviews include new installments from short fiction columnists Nick Gevers and Rich Horton, and reviews of new books by Ursula K. Le Guin, Greg Egan, Jasper Fforde, Brian Stableford, Robert Silverberg, Paul Levinson, and others (complete list of reviews).
Click for larger image
Cover Design: Arnie Fenner