The May issue has numerous reports about awards and, sadly, deaths:
- 2001 Nebula Awards winners
- 2002 Hugo Awards nominations
- Winners of this Philip K. Dick, James Tiptree Jr. Memorial, British Science Fiction Association, and Asimov Undergraduate Awards
- Finalists for this year's Bram Stoker Awards
- Obituaries of Damon Knight, with appreciations by David G. Hartwell, Jack Williamson,
John Kessel, and Michael Armstrong;
- Of R.A. Lafferty, with appreciations by Gene Wolfe, Neil Gaiman, and Terry Bisson;
- Of Dr. John R. Pierce, with an appreciation by Arthur C. Clarke;
- And obituaries of Henry Slesar, Jon Gustafson, Vincent D. Kohler, Curtis W. Casewit, Roy Huggins, Joan Benford, and Martha E. Beck.
- Also, interviews with Graham Joyce and Tamora Pierce.
- Gary K. Wolfe's report on March's International Conference on the Fantastic in the Arts.
- Comprehensive listings of books and magazines published in March.
- Bestsellers from specialty bookstores in February, and Locus's selected New and Notable Books.
- Reviews include short fiction coverage by Nick Gevers and Rich Horton, and reviews of new books by Kathleen Ann Goonan, Ian Watson, Karl Schroeder, John C. Wright, Harry Turtledove, Greg Egan, Richard Matheson, Kim Stanley Robinson, and others (complete list of reviews).
Click for larger image
Cover Design: Arnie Fenner