The July issue features:
- Interviews with Elizabeth Hand and Kelly Link
- Results of this year's Locus Survey (results of the Poll will be in the August issue)
- Reports on the science fiction scenes in the UK, the Czech Republic, Mexico, and Brazil
- News about Diana Gill's new position at Eos; SF sightings at BookExpo America 2002; finalists for this year's Theodore Sturgeon Memorial Award; and winners of this year's Bram Stoker Awards
- An obituary of Stephen Jay Gould
- Comprehensive listings of books and magazines published in May, and British books published in April.
- Bestsellers from specialty bookstores in April, and Locus's selected New and Notable Books.
- Reviews include Gary K. Wolfe's annual comparison of year's best anthologies, and other reviews by Locus columnists Faren Miller, Jonathan Strahan, Nick Gevers, and Carolyn Cushman of new books by Kelley Eskridge, Clive Barker, Liz Williams, Jeffrey Ford, Alastair Reynolds, Lisa Goldstein, David Feintuch, Christopher Moore, and others.
- Short fiction reviews by Nick Gevers and Rich Horton survey new stories from recent issues of Asimov's, Interzone, Spectrum SF, Analog, and F&SF, from online at Sci Fiction, The Infinite Matrix, and Strange Horizons, and from a new Harry Turtledove anthology and the recent World Horror Convention program book
Click for larger image
Cover Design: Arnie Fenner