2021 Emeka Walter Dinjos Award Finalists
Oghenechovwe Donald Ekpeki announced the finalists for the 2021 Emeka Walter Dinjos Awards for Disability in Speculative Fiction.
Disabled Writers Category
- “Sonskins”, Dare Segun Falowo (Baffling 1/1/21)
- “So Your Grandmother Is a Starship Now: A Quick Guide for the Bewildered”, Marissa Lingen (Nature 2/24/21)
- “Echoes of a Broken Mind”, Christine Lucas (Future SF 12/22/21)
- “Treatment Plan”, Seanan McGuire (Vital)
- “Cannibalism in the Inhuman Age”, Jaye Viner (Drabblecast 3/4/21)
Disability Representing Works Category
- “The Algorithm Will See You Now”, Justin C. Key (Vital)
- “The Loneliness of Former Constellations”, P.H. Low (Strange Horizons 8/9/21)
- “The Steel Magnolia Metaphor”, Jennifer Lee Rossman (Escape Pod 5/7/21)
- “The Code for Everything”, McKinley Valentine (Fantasy 3/1/21)
- “Long Drop”, Tabatha Wood (Seeds)
Winners will be announced “in the first quarter of January 2023.” Ekpeki was assisted by Mazi Nwonwu of Omenana, Lezli Robyn of Galaxy’s Edge, ML Clark, and Ross Showalter. For more information, see Ekpeki’s website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.