The SFRA Award for Lifetime Contributions to SF scholarship
- Roger Luckhurst
The SFRA Innovative Research Award
- WINNER: Amy Butt
- Honorable Mention: Katherine Buse
Thomas D. Clareson Award for Distinguished Service
- Gerry Canavan
Mary Kay Bray Award (tie)
- Nora Castle
SFRA Book Award
- Reverse Colonization: Science Fiction, Imperial Fantasy, and Alt-Victimhood, David M. Higgins (University of Iowa Press)
Speculative Fictions and Cultures of Science Book Award
- WINNER: Biopolitical Futures in Twenty-First-Century Speculative Fiction, Sherryl Vint (Cambridge University Press)
- Honorable Mention: Black Utopias: Speculative Life and the Music of Other Worlds, Jayna Brown (Duke University Press)
Student Paper Award
- “‘Speculative Metabolism: Digesting the Human in Upstream Color.”, John Landreville
Support a New Scholar Award
- Dr. Anastasia Klimchynskaya
The awards, selected by a committee of SFRA members, are given in recognition of “members of the SF community who exhibit outstanding scholarship, pioneering viewpoints in the science fiction discourse, and lifetime contributions to SF research.”
For more information, see the SFRA website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.