2022 Elgin Awards Winners
The Science Fiction & Fantasy Poetry Association (SFPA) has announced the winners of the 2022 Elgin Awards, presented for the best poetry chapbook and the best full-length poetry book in the speculative genre. The Elgin Awards are named after the founder of SFPA, Suzette Haden Elgin.
- First Place: Can You Sign My Tentacle?, Brandon O’Brien (Interstellar Flight)
- Second Place: Tortured Willows: Bent. Bowed. Unbroken, Geneve Flynn, Lee Murray, Christina Sng, & Angela Yuriko Smith (Yuriko)
- Third Place: Unquiet Stars, Ann K. Schwader (Weird House)
- First Place: Field Guide to Invasive Species of Minnesota, Amelia Gorman (Interstellar Flight)
- Second Place: Tug of a Black Hole, Deborah P Kolodji (Title IX)
- Third Place: Visions at Templeglantine, John W. Sexton (Revival)
The Dwarf Stars Award for the best speculative poem of one to ten lines was previously announced.
For more information, see the SFPA website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.