The winner for the ninth annual Baen Fantasy Adventure Award has been announced:
- Winner: “On Cultivating A Chosen One”, Christopher Baxter
- Second Place: “Red Lanterns”, Marshall J. Moore
- Third Place: “Exchanged”, Brittany Rainsdon
- “Shadow and Full Dark”, Chris Cornetto
- “Generous Handful of Fresh Unja Berries”, Jessica Federle
- “To Sleep, Perchance to Wake”, Jonathan Ficke
- “All the Colors of Everything”, Alex Fox
- “Colossi of Zakatla”, Gregory D. Mele
- “The Carryman”, Jon R. Osborne
- “My Mother, Dragonslayer”, Edward Rathke
The contest focuses on adventure fantasy short stories. The grand prize includes publication on the Baen website, an engraved award trophy, an assortment of Baen merchandise, and “paid professional rates for first publication rights.” Second and third place winners receive prize packages of Baen books. Winners were announced at the Baen Traveling Roadshow during Dragon Con, held September 1-5, 2022 in Atlanta GA.
For more information, see the Baen Books website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.