- “A Tableau of Things That Are”, Adam-Troy Castro (Lightspeed 6/21)
- “A Flower Cannot Love the Hand”, Aimee Ogden (Beneath Ceaseless Skies 6/17/21)
- “Where Oaken Hearts Do Gather“, Sarah Pinsker (Uncanny 3-4/21)
- “L’Esprit de L’Escalier“, Catherynne M. Valente (Tor.com 8/25/21)
- “Colors of the Immortal Palette“, Caroline M. Yoachim (Uncanny 3-4/21)
The winner will receive a plaque and a $1,000 prize, traditionally presented at Dragon Con, to be held September 1-5, 2022 in Atlanta GA. “Starting with the 2020, we will add a video presentation of the award online, along with a reading of a section of each finalist.” All finalists receive a pin. The award celebrates “the best in innovative fiction” and honors writer and editor Eugie Foster, who died in 2014. Speculative short stories published in the previous year are eligible for the award, with nominations made by a panel of editors, reviewers, and select readers, and the winner chosen by a jury.
For more information, visit the award’s website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.