2022 Mythopoeic Awards Finalists
The Mythopoeic Society has announced the 2022 Mythopoeic Awards finalists. Winners will be announced during Mythcon 52, to be held July 29th through August 1st 2022, in Albuquerque, NM.
Mythopoeic Fantasy Award for Adult Literature
- The Witness for the Dead, Katherine Addison (Tor)
- Light from Uncommon Stars, Ryka Aoki (Tor)
- A Master of Djinn, P. Djèlí Clark (Tordotcom)
- Piranesi, Susanna Clarke (Bloomsbury)
- Terciel and Elinor, Garth Nix (Katherine Tegen)
- Or What You Will, Jo Walton (Tor)
Mythopoeic Fantasy Award for Children’s Literature
- The Kiranmala and the Kingdom Beyond trilogy, Sayantani DasGupta (Scholastic)
- The Coming Storm, Regina M. Hansen (Athenium)
- Pahua and the Soul Stealer, Lori M. Lee (Rick Riordan Presents)
- Root Magic, Eden Royce (Walden Pond)
Mythopoeic Scholarship Award in Inklings Studies
- Charles Williams and C. S. Lewis: Friends in Co-inherence, Paul S. Fiddes (Oxford)
- The Worlds of J.R.R. Tolkien: The Places That Inspired Middle-earth, John Garth (Princeton)
- A Sense of Tales Untold: Exploring the Edges of Tolkien’s Literary Canvas, Peter Grybauskas (Kent State)
- Tolkien’s Modern Reading: Middle-earth Beyond the Middle Ages, Holly Ordway (Word on Fire)
Mythopoeic Scholarship Award in Myth and Fantasy Studies
- The Modern Myths: Adventures in the Machinery of the Popular Imagination, Philip Ball (University of Chicago)
- Fairy Tales of London: British Urban Fantasy, 1840 to the Present, Hadas Elber-Aviram (Bloomsbury Academic)
- The Dragon in the West: From Ancient Myth to Modern Legend, Daniel Ogden (Oxford)
- The Dark Fantastic: Race and the Imagination from Harry Potter to The Hunger Games, Ebony Elizabeth Thomas (New York University)
- George R.R. Martin and the Fantasy Form, Joseph Rex Young (Routledge)
For more information, see the official awards announcement.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.