The Bookseller has announced the shortlists for the 2022 British Book Awards, including several titles and authors of genre interest.
- The Last House on Needless Street, Catriona Ward (Viper)
- She Who Became the Sun, Shelley Parker-Chan (Mantle)
- Mrs Death Misses Death, Salena Godden (Canongate)
- Detransition, Baby, Torrey Peters (Serpent’s Tail)
- The Christmas Pig, J.K. Rowling (Little, Brown Books for Young Readers)
- Megamonster, David Walliams (HarperCollins Children’s)
- The Wizards of Once: Never and Forever, Cressida Cowell, narrated by David Tennant (Hodder Children’s)
- The Sandman: Act II, Neil Gaiman & Dirk Maggs, narrated by Neil Gaiman, Kat Dennings, Brian Cox, et al. (Audible Originals)
- The Lord of the Rings, J.R.R. Tolkien, narrated by Andy Serkis (HarperFiction)
Also called the “Nibbies,” the British Book Awards “honours and celebrates the commercial successes of publishers, authors and bookshops” with nominees in a variety of categories. Winners will be honored on May 23, 2022 at Grosvenor House in London. For the complete shortlist, see the official website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.