2022 Compton Crook Award Finalists
The Baltimore Science Fiction Society (BSFS) has announced the finalists for the 2022 Compton Crook Award:
- Assassin’s Orbit, John Appel (Solaris)
- The Councillor, E.J. Beaton (DAW)
- A Master of Djinn, P. Djèlí Clark (Tortdotcom)
- The Witch’s Heart, Genevieve Gornichec (Ace)
- We Have Always Been Here, Lena Nguyen (DAW)
- Nucleation, Kimberly Unger (Tachyon)
The award honors the best first SF/fantasy/horror novel of the year, and “includes a framed award document and, for the novel’s author, a check for $1,000 and an invitation to be the Compton Crook Guest at Balticon for two years.”
The winner will be announced April 11, 2022. The award will be presented at Balticon 56, to be held May 27-30, 2022 at the Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel in Baltimore MD. Selection is by vote of the BSFS membership.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.