The longlist for the 2022 Branford Boase Award has been announced, and includes several titles of genre interest:
- Skin of the Sea, Natasha Bowen (Penguin)
- Rapids, Anna Bowles (Zuntold)
- Freddy vs School, Neill Cameron (David Fickling)
- The Upper World, Femi Fadugba (Penguin)
- The Book of Stolen Dreams, David Farr (Usborne)
- Emmy Levels Up, Helen Harvey (OUP)
- The Hatmakers, Tamzin Merchant (Puffin)
- The Peculiar Tale of the Tentacle Boy, Richard Pickard (Chicken House)
- Grimwood, Nadia Shireen (Simon and Schuster)
- The Lightning Catcher, Clare Weze (Bloomsbury)
The award is “given annually to the author of an outstanding debut novel for children.” The author and editor of the winning title each receive an engraved trophy, and the author receives £1,000.
For more information, including the complete longlist, see the Branford Boase Award site.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.