The National Book Awards Young People’s Literature 10-title longlist has been announced, including titles of genre interest:
- A Snake Falls to Earth, Darcie Little Badger (Levine Querido)
- Home Is Not a County, Safia Elhillo (Make Me A World)
- Last Night at the Telegraph Club, Malinda Lo (Dutton BFYR)
- Too Bright to See, Kyle Lukoff (Dial)
- The Mirror Season, Anna-Marie McLemore (Feiwel and Friends)
The judges are Pablo Cartaya (presenter), Traci Chee, Leslie Connor, Cathryn Mercier (chair), and Ibi Aanu Zoboi.
Five finalists will be announced October 5, 2021, and winners on November 17, 2021. Each finalist will receive a $1,000 prize, a medal, and a judge’s citation, and each of the category winners will receive $10,000 and a bronze sculpture.
For more information, including the complete list of titles, see the National Book Foundation site.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.