2021 Elgin Awards Winners
The Science Fiction & Fantasy Poetry Association (SFPA) has announced the winners of the 2021 Elgin Awards, presented for the best poetry chapbook and the best full-length poetry book in the speculative genre. The Elgin Awards are named after the founder of SFPA, Suzette Haden Elgin.
- First Place: The Sign of the Dragon, Mary Soon Lee (JABberwocky)
- Second Place: A Collection of Dreamscapes, Christina Sng (Raw Dog Screaming)
- Third Place (tie): Mary Shelley Makes a Monster, Octavia Cade (Aqueduct)
- Third Place (tie): A Route Obscure and Lonely, LindaAnn LoSchiavo (Wapshott)
- First Place: Otherwheres, Akua Lezli Hope (ArtFarm)
- Second Place: Twelve, Andrea Blythe (Interstellar Flight)
- Third Place: Manifest, Terese Mason Pierre (Gap Riot)
The Dwarf Stars Award for the best speculative poem of one to ten lines and the Rhysling Awards for SF, fantasy, and horror poetry in short and long form categories were previously announced.
For more information, see the SFPA website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.