The finalists for the 2019 and 2020 Sidewise Awards for Alternate History have been announced.
- The Good German, Dennis Bock (Patrick Crean Editions)
- The Cold Last Swim, Junior Burke (Gibson House)
- The Relentless Moon, Mary Robinette Kowal (Tor)
- The Day Lincoln Lost, Charles Rosenberg (Hanover Square)
- The Doors of Eden, Adrian Tchaikovsky (Orbit US/Tor UK)
- “1827: Napoleon in Australia”, Andrew J. Harvey (Alternate Australias)
- “Moonshot”, Matthew Kresal (Alternate Australias)
- “Wheels of Echoes”, Sean McMullen (Analog, 1/20)
- Famous Men Who Never Lived, K Chess (Tin House)
- Walking Through Dreams, Jared Kavanagh (Sea Lion)
- The Fall of Rorke’s Drift, John Laband (Greenhill)
- Future of Another Timeline, Annalee Newitz (Tor)
- “Any Way the Wind Blows”, Seanan McGuire (Tor.com 6/19)
- “Drang Nach Osten”, Christopher G. Nuttall (Trouble in the Wind)
- “The Kaiserin of the Seas”, Christopher G. Nuttall (To Slip the Surly Bonds)
- “The Blue and the Red: Palmerston’s Ironclads”, William Stroock (Those in Peril)
- “Christmas Truce”, Harry Turtledove (Asimov’s 11/19)
The Sidewise Awards have been presented annually since 1995 to recognize excellence in alternate historical fiction. Winners will be announced during the DisCon III, the 79th World Science Fiction Convention, to be held December 15-19, 2021 at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington DC. For more, see the Sidewise Awards website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.