2021 Anthony Awards Winners
Bouchercon announced winners for the 2021 Anthony Awards honoring the best in crime fiction. Categories with winning works of genre interest include:
Best Hardcover Novel
- WINNER: Blacktop Wasteland, S.A. Cosby (Flatiron)
- What You Don’t See, Tracy Clark (Kensington)
- The First to Lie, Hank Phillippi Ryan (Forge)
Best Short Story
- WINNER: “90 Miles”, Alex Segura (Both Sides: Stories From the Border)
- “Dear Emily Etiquette”, Barb Goffman (Ellery Queen 9-10/20)
Best Juvenile/Young Adult
- WINNER: Holly Hernandez and the Death of Disco, Richie Narvaez (Piñata)
- Midnight at the Barclay Hotel, Fleur Bradley (Viking)
- Premeditated Myrtle, Elizabeth C. Bunce (Algonquin)
- Star Wars: Poe Dameron: Free Fall, Alex Segura (Disney Lucasfilm)
Best Anthology or Collection
- WINNER: Shattering Glass, Heather Graham, ed. (Nasty Woman)
- Both Sides: Stories from the Border, Gabino Iglesias, ed. (Agora)
- Lockdown: Stories of Crime, Terror, and Hope During a Pandemic, Nick Kolakowski & Steve Weddle, eds. (Polis)
- Noiryorican, Richie Narvaez (Down & Out)
- The Beat of Black Wings: Crime Fiction Inspired by the Songs of Joni Mitchell, Josh Pachter, ed. (Untreed Reads)
Winners were announced during Bouchercon, held August 25-29, 2021 at the Marriott Hotel in New Orleans LA. For more information, including complete lists of nominees, see the Bouchercon website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.