Finalists for the 2021 Science Fiction and Fantasy Rosetta Awards (SFFRA), for best translated work, have been announced:
- Daughter from the Dark, Marina & Sergey Dyachenko, translated from Russian by Julia Meitov Hersey (Harper Voyager)
- Vagabonds, Hao Jingfang, translated from Chinese by Ken Liu (Saga)
- Qualityland, Marc-Uwe Kling, translated from German by Jamie Searle Romanelli (Grand Central)
- The Disaster Tourist, Yun Ko-eun, translated from Korean by Lizzie Buehler (Counterpoint)
- Red Dust, Yoss, translated from Spanish by David Frye (Restless)
- “Whale Snows Down”, Kim Bo-Young, translated from Korean by Sophie Bowman (Future Science Fiction 12/20)
- “Roesin”, Wu Guan, translated from Chinese by Judith Huang (Future Science Fiction 12/20)
- “The Witch Dances”, Thiago Ambrósio Lage, translated from Portuguese by Iana Araújo (Eita! 12/20)
- “Cousin Entropy”, Michèle Laframboise, translated from French by N.R.M. Roshak (Future Science Fiction 6/20)
- “Biography of Algae”, Martha Riva Palacio Obón, translated from Spanish by Will Morningstar (Strange Horizons 11/30/20)
- “The Ancestral Temple in a Box”, Chen Qiufan, translated from Chinese by Emily Jin (Clarkesworld 1/20)
For more information, see the SFFRA website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.