Results of the 2020 Analog Analytical Laboratory (AnLab) Awards have been announced.
- 1st place: “Draiken Dies“, Adam-Troy Castro (9-10/20)
- 2nd place: “Flyboys“, Stanley Schmidt (7-8/20)
- 3rd place: “Moral Biology“, Neal Asher (5-6/20)
- 1st place: “Minerva Girls“, James Van Pelt (9-10/20)
- 2nd place: “The Quest for the Great Grey Mossy“, Harry Turtledove (1-2/20)
- 3rd place: “The Offending Eye“, Robert R. Chase (7-8/20)
- 4th place: “Sticks and Stones“, Tom Jolly (7-8/20)
- 5th place: “I, Bigfoot“, Sarina Dorie (9-10/20)
Best Short Story
- 1st place: “Wheel of Echoes“, Sean McMullen (1-2/20)
- 2nd place: “The Writhing Tentacles of History“, Jay Werkheiser (9-10/20)
- 3rd place: “Rover“, A.T. Sayre (3-4/20)
- 4th place (tie): “The Greatest Day“, Eric Choi (1-2/20)
- 4th place (tie): “Hive“, Jay Werkheiser (1-2/20)
- 4th place (tie): “The Chrysalis Pool“, Sean McMullen (9-10/20)
Best Fact Article
- 1st place: “Space Dust: How an Asteroid Altered Life on Earth“, Richard A. Lovett (5-6/20)
- 2nd place: “Veiling the Earth“, Gregory Benford (3-4/20)
- 3rd place: “Big Smart Objects“, Gregory Benford & Larry Niven (11-12/20)
- 1st place: “How to Go Twelfth“, Mary Soon Lee (3-4/20)
- 2nd place: “Miles to Go Before We Rest“, G.O. Clark (5-6/20)
- 3rd place (tie): “Ghost Transmission“, Robert Frazier (1-2/20)
- 3rd place (tie): “Planck“, Josh Pearce (3-4/20)
- 3rd place (tie): “In Theory“, Rebecca Siegel (1-2/20)
- 1st place: Dominic Harman (7-8/20)
- 2nd place: Eldar Zakirov (3-4/20)
- 3rd place (tie): Tomislav Tikulin (1-2/20)
- 3rd place (tie): Donato Giancola (5-6/20)
For more information, see the Analog website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.