2021 Neukom Award for Playwriting Shortlist
The Neukom Institute for Computational Science at Dartmouth College has announced the shortlist for the 2021 Neukom Institute Literary Arts Award for Playwriting:
- “Some of Us Exist in the Future”, Nkenna Akunna
- “Roll Play”, Julia Blauvelt
- “NOISE: A Teenage Panic Attack on National Themes”, Ezra Brain & J. Andrew Norris
- “Omen Road to Starrville”, Erik Champney
- “BETA”, Christian Durso
- “Meet You at the Galaxy Diner”, Gina Femia
- “Edit Annie”, Mary Glen Fredrick
- “wad”, Keiko Green
- “UX”, Jason Gray Platt
- “Bounded in a Nutshell”, Jason C. Stuart
- “The Moderate”, Ken Urban
- “Atlas, the Lonely Gibbon”, Deborah Yarchun
The award considers works that address the question, “What does it mean to be a human in a computerized world?” The winner will receive $5,000 and “support for a two-stage development process with workshops at VoxLab and Northern Stage.” Results will be announced in Spring 2021.
For more information, see the Neukom Institute website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.