The American Library Association announced their 2021 Reading List winners and honor titles, given to the best in genre fiction for adult readers. They were announced February 4, 2021 at the Book & Media Awards Virtual Ceremony. Categories including work of SF/F interest follow.
- WINNER: The Space Between Worlds, Micaiah Johnson (Del Rey)
- Axiom’s End, Lindsay Ellis (St. Martin’s)
- The Doors of Eden, Adrian Tchaikovsky (Orbit)
- Hench, Natalie Zina Walschots (William Morrow)
- A Pale Light in the Black, K.B. Wagers (Harper Voyager)
- WINNER: The House in the Cerulean Sea, TJ Klune (Tor)
- Black Sun, Rebecca Roanhorse (Saga)
- The City We Became, N.K. Jemisin (Orbit)
- A Deadly Education, Naomi Novik (Del)
- Ring Shout, P. Djèlí Clark (Tordotcom)
- WINNER: The Only Good Indians, Stephen Graham Jones (Saga)
- The Hollow Places, T. Kingfisher (Saga)
- The Return, Rachel Harrison (Berkley)
- Mexican Gothic, Silvia Moreno-Garcia (Del Rey)
- The Southern Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires, Grady Hendrix (Quirk)
- WINNER: Conjure Women, Afia Atakora (Random House)
Winners were selected by the Reading List Council, “whose members include eleven expert readers’ advisory and collection development librarians.”
For more information, including the full list of categories, see the ALA’s official announcement.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.