The longlist for the €100,000 2021 International Dublin Literary award has been announced, and includes numerous titles and authors of genre interest.
- Tyll, Daniel Kehlmann, translated by Ross Benjamin (Quercus)
- The Glass Hotel, Emily St. John Mandel (Knopf)
- Inland, Téa Obreht (Weidenfeld & Nicolson)
- We Cast a Shadow, Maurice Carlos Ruffin (One World)
- The Nickel Boys, Colson Whitehead (Doubleday)
- The Bird King, G. Willow Wilson (Grove Press)
A total of 49 titles were nominated by libraries from 30 countries. The shortlist will be announced March 25, 2021, and the winner May 20. The shortlist and winner are chosen by the judging panel, consisting of Jan Carson, David James Karashima, Rita Sakr, Martín Veiga, and Enda Wyley, with Chris Morash acting as non-voting chairperson.
For more information, including the complete longlist, see the award website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.