Several authors and works of genre interest are on the Mystery Writers of America (MWA) 2021 Edgar Awards list of nominees.
- Phantom Lady: Hollywood Producer Joan Harrison, the Forgotten Woman Behind Hitchcock, Christina Lane (Chicago Review)
- Ian Rankin: A Companion to the Mystery & Fiction, Erin E. MacDonald (McFarland)
Best Short Story
“Fearless”, Walter Mosley (California Schemin’)[Ineligible]
Best Young Adult
- The Companion, Katie Alender (Putnam)
- The Inheritance Games, Jennifer Lynn Barnes (Little, Brown)
- They Went Left, Monica Hesse (Little, Brown)
Best Television Episode Teleplay
- The Boys: “What I Know”
The G.P. Putnam’s Sons Sue Grafton Memorial Award
As previously reported, Jeffery Deaver and Charlaine Harris were named MWA Grand Masters.
The Edgar Allan Poe Awards, “honoring the best in mystery fiction, non-fiction and television,” will be presented April 29, 2021. For more information, including the full list of nominees, see their official website.
[Edited 1/27/2021 to remove Walter Mosley’s story, which was deemed ineligible for the award]
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue.