Wired announced its list of best fantasy books of 2020, selected by Jason Kehe:
- A Luminous Republic, Andrés Barba, translated by Lisa Dillman (Mariner)
- Tender Is the Flesh, Agustina Bazterrica, translated by Sarah Moses (Scribner)
- Piranesi, Susanna Clarke (Bloomsbury)
- Surrender, Ray Loriga, translated by Caroline de Robertis (Mariner)
- Riot Baby, Tochi Onyebuchi (Tor.com Publishing)
- Network Effect, Martha Wells (Tor.com Publishing)
The article includes discussions of N.K. Jemisin’s The City We Became (Orbit), Naomi Novik’s A Deadly Education (Del Rey), and Patrick Rothfuss’ Kingkiller Chronicles (DAW). Wired also released other best-of reading lists as part of their extensive Year in Review, which can be found here.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.