Winners of the 2020 Goodreads Choice Awards for the “best books of 2020,” as chosen by users of the site, have been announced. There are several winners of genre interest.
- The Midnight Library, Matt Haig (Viking) 72,828 votes
- House of Earth and Blood, Sarah J. Maas (Bloomsbury) 95,084 votes
Best Science Fiction
- To Sleep in a Sea of Stars, Christopher Paolini (Tor) 45,833 votes
- Mexican Gothic, Silvia Moreno-Garcia (Del Rey) 85,626 votes
Best Young Adult Fantasy
- The Queen of Nothing, Holly Black (Little, Brown) 62,771 votes
- From Blood and Ash, Jennifer L. Armentrout (Blue Box) 70,896 votes
- Strange Planet, Nathan W. Pyle (Morrow Gift) 45,156 votes
Best Middle Grade & Children’s
- The Tower of Nero, Rick Riordan (Disney-Hyperion) 49,341 votes
- Dearly, Margaret Atwood (Ecco) 22,811 votes
Goodreads reported 5,674,480 total votes cast, up from 4,659,701 in 2019. For the full list of categories and nominees, see the official website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.