Results of the 2020 Fantastiknovelltävlingen, a Swedish “Fantastic Short Story Competiton” organized by writers’ email list SKRIVA, have been announced. First, second, and third place all resulted in ties.
- “Tretton dagar i underjorden” [“Thirteen Days Underground”], Elin Frykholm
- “Möbhell AB” [“Furniture Hell Inc”], Lukas Renklint
- “Rose-Majs stickning” [“Rose-Maj’s Knitting”], Frank Berger
- “Sjöjungfrun i Fyrisån” [“The Mermaid in the Fyris Creek”], Tony Elgenstierna
- “Min vän Frasse” [“My Friend Frasse”], Sophia Nyquist
- “Drottningen” [“The Queen”], Tobias Robinson
- “Under svart måne”, Daniel Andersson
- “Häxan i tornet”, Robert Andersson
- “Iskallt”, Kristina Suomela Björklund
- “Bad med rymden”, Kenny Lidberg
- “Mia”, Sebastian Lööv
- “Pärlugglan”, Amanda Lundin
- “Tjänsten inte tillgänglig”, Jessika Lustig
- “Guds väktare”, Anders Nilsson
Winners were chosen from 106 entries. The jury consisted of Niklas Krog, Pia Lindestam, and Karolina Bjällerstedt Mickos. First place winners each receive SEK500, second place SEK300, and third place SEK200. For more information (in Swedish), see the SKRIVA announcement.
[Thanks to Ahrvid Engholm for translations]
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.