Winners for the 2020 Neukom Institute Literary Arts Awards for Speculative Fiction have been announced:
- WINNER: Exhalation, Ted Chiang (Knopf)
- The Divers’ Game, Jesse Ball (Ecco)
- Naamah, Sarah Blake (Riverhead)
- And Go Like This, John Crowley (Small Beer)
- The Archive of Alternate Endings, Lindsey Drager (Dzanc)
- Tears of the Trufflepig, Fernando A. Flores (MCD x FSG Originals)
- Zero Bomb, M.T. Hill (Titan Books)
- War Girls, Tochi Onyebuchi (Razorbill)
- A Song for a New Day, Sarah Pinsker (Berkley)
- Pigs, Johanna Stoberock (Red Hen)
- Dead Astronauts, Jeff VanderMeer (MCD; Fourth Estate)
- WINNER: The Lesson, Cadwell Turnbull (Blackstone)
Additionally, The Archive of Alternate Endings by Lindsey Drager (Dzanc) received special recognition in the Open Category, and We Set the Dark on Fire by Tehlor Kay Mejia (Katherine Tegen) received special recognition in the Debut Category.
The award was established by the Neukom Institute for Computational Science at Dartmouth College. Winners were judged by speculative fiction writer Sam J. Miller and will each receive a $5,000 honorarium.
For more information, see the Neukom Institute website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.