2020 Ditmar Winners
The winners of the 2020 Ditmar Awards for Australian SF were announced in an online ceremony on September 18, 2020:
- WINNER: The Year of the Fruit Cake, Gillian Polack (IFWG)
- Claiming T-Mo, Eugen Bacon (Meerkat)
Best Short Fiction
- WINNER: “Whom My Soul Loves”, Rivqa Rafael (Strange Horizons 11/11/19)
- Into Bones Like Oil, Kaaron Warren (Meerkat Shorts)
Best Collected Work
- WINNER: Collision, J.S. Breukelaar (Meerkat)
Best Fan Publication in Any Medium (tie)
- WINNER: Be the Serpent
- WINNER: SF Commentary
Best Fan Writer
- WINNER: Elizabeth Fitzgerald for reviews in Skiffy and Fanty
- Bruce Gillespie for writing in SF Commentary and ANZAPA articles
Best New Talent
- WINNER: Freya Marske
William Atheling, Jr. Award for Criticism or Review
- WINNER: FictionMachine reviews, Grant Watson
- Writing Speculative Fiction, Eugen Bacon (Red Globe)
There were insufficient nominations for the Best Artwork and Best Fan Artist categories.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.