Finalists for the 2020 Washington Science Fiction Association (WSFA) Small Press Award for Short Fiction have been announced:
“The Blighted Godling of Company Town H”, Beth Cato (Beneath Ceaseless Skies 1/3/19)
- “The Weight of Mountains”, L. Deni Colter (DreamForge 6/19)
- “The Sound of Distant Stars”, Judi Fleming (Footprints in the Stars)
“Give the Family My Love”, A.T. Greenblatt (Clarkesworld 2/19)
- “Fairest of All”, Ada Hoffmann (The Future Fire 8/19)
- “The Partisan and the Witch”, Charlotte Honigman (Skull and Pestle: New Tales of Baba Yaga)
- “Somewhere Else, Nowhere Else”, Juliet Kemp (Portals)
“Painter of Trees”, Suzanne Palmer (Clarkesworld 6/19)
The award, recognizing “the best original short fiction published by small presses in the previous year,” will be presented at Capclave, to be held online from October 17-18, 2020. The winner will be chosen by members of WSFA. For more, see the WSFA Small Press Award site.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.