- WINNER: The Gossamer Mage, Julie E. Czerneda (DAW)
- Haunting the Haunted, E.C. Bell (Tyche)
- A Brightness Long Ago, Guy Gavriel Kay (Viking Canada)
- The Quantum Garden, Derek Künsken (Solaris)
- Jade War, Fonda Lee (Orbit)
- Gods of Jade and Shadow, Silvia Moreno-Garcia (Del Rey)
Best YA Novel
- WINNER: Bursts of Fire, Susan Forest (Laksa)
- Wolf’s Bane, Kelley Armstrong (KLA Fricke)
- The Brilliant Dark, S.M. Beiko (ECW)
- Metamorphosis, Marty Chan (Fitzhenry & Whiteside)
- Murder at the World’s Fair, M.J. Lyons (Renaissance)
Best Short Fiction
- WINNER: This Is How You Lose the Time War, Amal El-Mohtar & Max Gladstone (Saga)
- “Clear as Quartz, Sharp as Flint”, Maria Haskins (Augur 2.1)
- Alice Payne Rides, Kate Heartfield (Tor.com Publishing)
- “Little Inn on the Jianghu”, Y.M. Pang (F&SF 9/19)
- “Modigliani Paints the World”, Hayden Trenholm (Neo-Opsis #30)
- “Blindside”, Liz Westbrook-Trenholm (Amazing Stories Fall ’19)
Best Graphic Novel
- The Handmaid’s Tale: The Graphic Novel, Margaret Atwood & Renee Nault (McClelland & Stewart)
- It Never Rains, Kari Maaren (http://itneverrainscomic.com/)
- Dakwäkãda Warriors, Cole Pauls (Conundrum)
- Carpe Fin, Michael Nicoll Yahgulanaas (Douglas & McIntyre)
Best Related Work
- WINNER: On Spec, Diane L. Walton, ed.
- PodCastle, Jen R. Albert & Cherae Clark, eds.
- Nothing Without Us, Cait Gordon & Talia C. Johnson (Renaissance)
- Neo-opsis, Karl Johanson, ed.
- Lackington’s, Ranylt Richildis, ed.
- “Dave Duncan’s Legacy”, Robert Runté (On Spec #111)
- Augur #2.1, 2.2, and 2.3, Kerrie Seljak-Byrne & Alexander De Pompa, eds.
Best Poem/Song (tie)
- WINNER: “At the Edge of Space and Time”, Swati Chavda (Love at the Speed of Light)
- WINNER: “Bursts of Fire”, Sora (theme song for book trailers)
- “The Girl Who Loved Birds”, Clara Blackwood (Amazing Stories Spring ’19)
- “Steampunk Christmas”, David Clink (Star*Line Fall ’19)
- “The Day the Animals Turned to Sand”, Tyler Hagemann (Amazing Stories Spring ’19)
- “Totemic Ants”, Francine P. Lewis (Amazing Stories Fall ’19)
- “Beauty, Sleeping”, Lynne Sargent (Augur #2.2)
- WINNER: Dan O’Driscoll, covers for Bundoran Press and cover for On Spec 110
- Samantha M. Beiko, cover for Bursts of Fire
- James F. Beveridge, cover for Fata Morgana and cover for On Spec 112
- Lynne Taylor Fahnestalk, “A Rivet of Robots” in On Spec and cartoons in Amazing Stories
- Nathan Fréchette, covers for Renaissance Press
Best Visual Presentation
- WINNER: The Umbrella Academy
- Killjoys, Season 5
- Murdoch Mysteries, Season 12, Episodes 10-18 and Season 13, Episodes 1-9
- V Wars, Season 1
- Van Helsing, Season 4
Best Fan Writing and Publications
- WINNER: Polar Borealis issues 9-12, R. Graeme Cameron, ed.
- Weekly online columns for Amazing Stories, R. Graeme Cameron
- “Travelling TARDIS“, Jen Desmarais (JenEric Designs)
- Weekly online columns for Amazing Stories, Steve Fahnestalk
- “Will Voyager 1 leave the Milky Way?“, Ron S. Friedman (Quora)
- Books and Tea, Christina Vasilevski
Best Fan Organizational
- WINNER: Derek Künsken & Marie Bilodeau, co-chairs, Can-Con, Ottawa
- KT Bryski & Jen R. Albert, ephemera reading series, Toronto
- Brent Jans, Pure Speculation Science Fiction and Fantasy Festival, Edmonton
- Randy McCharles, chair, When Words Collide, Calgary
- Sandra Wickham, Creative Ink Festival, Burnaby, BC
Best Fan Related Work
- WINNER: Speculating Canada, Derek Newman-Stille
Heather Dale, Cory Doctorow, and Matthew Hughes were inducted into the Canadian Science Fiction and Fantasy Association’s (CSFFA) Hall of Fame.
For more information, see the Aurora Awards website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.
©Locus Magazine. Copyrighted material may not be republished without permission of LSFF.