Best Novel Award
- WINNER: Alliance Rising, C.J. Cherryh & Jane S. Fancher (DAW)
- The Testaments, Margaret Atwood (Random House; Nan A. Talese)
- Ruin’s Wake, Patrick Edwards (Titan)
- Luna: Moon Rising, Ian McDonald (TOR)
- Ode to Defiance, Marc Stiegler (LMBPN)
They also announced the winner of the Hall of Fame Award, “given in recognition of a classic work of science fiction or fantasy with libertarian themes.”
Hall of Fame
- WINNER: “Sam Hall”, Poul Anderson (Astounding 8/53)
- “As Easy as A.B.C.”, Rudyard Kipling (London 3-4/1912)
- “The Trees”, Rush (Hemispheres)
- A Time of Changes, Robert Silverberg (Galaxy 3-6/71)
- “Lipidleggin'”, F. Paul Wilson (Asimov’s 5-6/78)
The awards will be presented in a zoom online ceremony on August 22, 2020 as part of the Columbus 2020 North American Science Fiction Convention (NASFiC). NASFiC virtual events will be held August 21-22, 2020.
For more information, see the LFS website.
While you are here, please take a moment to support Locus with a one-time or recurring donation. We rely on reader donations to keep the magazine and site going, and would like to keep the site paywall free, but WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue quality coverage of the science fiction and fantasy field.